Monday, January 9, 2012

My Parent Letter: I Want My Own Laptop

Dear Mom,                

  I would first like to thank you for taking the time to read this letter.  I know it is difficult sometimes 
when people disagree on certain issues, but I respect you so much for listening to me. You have been an amazing example for so many years and I truly look up to you and respect your decisions. You always encourage me of my decisions and I just want to thank you of that. We have had many disagreements but with your mature actions, we have always solved our disagreements together. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

  Although you have always provided me everything I need, there is really one thing that I would love to ask of you and that one thing is can I please have my own laptop? I understand that you have some objections to me getting my own laptop and I would love for you to hear my side. First, you have told me that we already have two computers at home. That’s what causes you to not allow me have my own laptop.Well, we have bought the computers years and years ago so they are really old. The impact with the computers being old is that it is really slow. Every time I click on an icon on the computer, I end up waiting for about ten minutes! And also,in all, we have five family members. We always have to wait to use the computer especially when everyone is growing up, most of our assignments involve using the computer.

  Also, one of the objections that you have listed is that I always play on the computer. Well, playing on the computer is just to help me have a break of doing my schoolwork. After a few minutes on the computer, I usually go back to do my homework. Also, even if I do play games on the computers, they are educational games that help me with the skills I need in school. If you allow me to have my own laptop, I promise that I would play on the computer for just twenty minutes a day.

  Again, I sincerely thank you for using your time reading my letter. With my side of the story, I really hope that you let me have my own laptop. Thank you and also, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment